Thank you for making the inaugural Hoosier Park 8K Triple Crown Series a success! The Hoosier Park Triple Crown Series is back for 2014!
2014 DATES ANNOUNCED
Race #1: Horizon Bank 8K - April 12 at the Carmel Marathon
Race #2: Tour de Campus 8K - April 26 on the grounds of Butler University
Race#3: Hoosier Park 8K - May 24 on the track at Hoosier Park Racing and Casino
Registration is Open. Click here to register one, two or all three events in the Crown.
Hoosier Park 8K Triple Crown CHANGES for 2014
Calling all Carmel Marathoners and Half Marathoners!! We are placing 8K timing mats on the marathon and half marathon courses so you can compete in for the overall Triple Crown Series Championship. We heard you and are delivering!
Here they come down the stretch! For the Hoosier Park 8K, we want you to give us your race horse name and we will print it on your bib! If you are running on the track, you should be named Secretariat, Man of War, Giacomo, or Nobody's Fault. We will ask you a few week prior to the race so be thinking about it! We hope for some good names!
- Receive the Hoosier Park Triple Crown Series Medal by participating in at least 2 of the 3 events
- "Casino Cash" given after each event
- Opportunity to experience the run on the track at Hoosier Park. The participant reviews from the inaugural event were outstanding!
- A return of the Hoosier Park Post Race Celebration and Awards Ceremonies following the series championship event at Hoosier Park
- Compete with others in your age group as you compete on 3 different courses, terrains and conditions.
Hoosier Park Triple Crown Series Awards Breakdown
Cash purse paid to overall Hoosier Park 8K Triple Crown Series Champions:
First Place = $300
Second Place = $200
Third Place = $100
- Cash purse paid for the top three awarded at the Horizone Bank 8K
- Hoosier Park 8K Triple Crown Series Age Group winners will receive a Championship Pint Glass
- Cash purse and awards only available to participants completing all three events
FINAL 2013 Standings
- Nathan Ellis, 25 | Greenwood: Total Time = 80:19.8
- Matthew Hoelle, 31 | Lafayette: Total Time = 82:32.7
- Don Baker, 55 | CARMEL: Total Time = 89:38.2
- John Kortman, 19 | Indianapolis: Total Time = 90:30.0
- Charles Price, 15 | CARMEL: Total Time = 99:01.1
- Keeley Miller, 15 | Fishers: Total Time = 109:40.4
- Anna Busenburg, 24 | Lebanon: Total Time = 110:59.8
- Megan Kellow, 30 | Carmel: Total Time = 114:09.9
- Renee McCord, 43 | INDIANAPOLIS: Total Time = 120:51.8
- Anna Miller, 13 | Fishers: Total Time = 121:55.1