- Ensure an environment for the elite athletes to relax, visit with family, or speak with a coach in an area away from the public.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the Athlete Lounge by providing snacks, drinks and other amenities.
- Work with operations team and Carmel Police Department to place course marshals on course.
Finish Line Crew
- Remove chips for runners, hand out medals, Mylar blankets, food and water help marathon personnel organize and set up the finish line area.
- Assist runners in checking-in and retrieving their gear.
- Help direct and assist the public as well as the athletes by providing general information on both the race as well as the city of Carmel and Indianapolis.
- Provide assistance to members of the media.
- Start Line - Provide information and directions, direct runners into proper starting coral and assist runners with gear and or baggage drop off.
- Monitors - Responsible for helping to ensure the safety of the athletes during the race by manning various intersections on route.
- Race Support - Responsible for assisting in the course set up and tear down.
- Security - Monitor access to strategic locations inside the Palladium and other sensitive areas course cyclists - monitor the course by bike or motorcycle.
- Work in the operations command and control center on race day.
- Assist in the distribution of bibs, race t-shirts and other race information to the participating athletes during the Expo.
- Assist in the registration of "walk-in" athletes.
- Direct the flow of parking for both athletes and spectators in designated lots.
Post Race Event
- Drive between the race site and area hotels to pickup and drop off athletes, VIP's, coaches, sponsors & other essential personnel.
- Help check in both individual volunteers as well as group volunteers
Volunteer Rest and Recovery Tent
- Provide amenities and up to date information to volunteers in an area restricted to working volunteers only.
- Distribute water or Powerade to race participants. Water station locations for 2017 can be found here.
Water Station Concierge
- Assist the Water Station captains in picking up and returning supplies.