- Ensure an environment for the elite athletes to relax, visit with family, or speak with a coach in an area away from the public.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the Athlete Lounge by providing snacks, drinks and other amenities.
- Work with operations team and Carmel Police Department to place course marshals on course.
- Work to secure band and cheer groups for the course as well as work with the neighborhoods that the route passes in order to get them engaged in the event by cheering in their area.
Finish Line Crew
- Remove chips for runners, hand out medals, Mylar blankets, food and water help marathon personnel organize and set up the finish line area.
- Assist runners in checking-in and retrieving their gear.
- Help direct and assist the public as well as the athletes by providing general information on both the race as well as the city of Carmel and Indianapolis.
- Provide assistance to members of the media.
- Start Line - Provide information and directions, direct runners into proper starting coral and assist runners with gear and or baggage drop off.
- Monitors - Responsible for helping to ensure the safety of the athletes during the race by manning various intersections on route.
- Race Support - Responsible for assisting in the course set up and tear down.
- Security - Monitor access to strategic locations inside the Palladium and other sensitive areas course cyclists - monitor the course by bike or motorcycle.
- Work in the operations command and control center on race day.
- Assist in the distribution of bibs, race t-shirts and other race information to the participating athletes during the Expo.
- Assist in the registration of "walk-in" athletes.
- Direct the flow of parking for both athletes and spectators in designated lots.
Post Race Event
- Help in the selling of official marathon merchandise at both the Expo and the post party
- Drive between the race site and area hotels to pickup and drop off athletes, VIP's, coaches, sponsors & other essential personnel.
- Includes the set up and tear down as well as the actual distribution of volunteer uniforms and packets
- Help check in both individual volunteers as well as group volunteers
Volunteer Rest and Recovery Tent
- Provide amenities and up to date information to volunteers in an area restricted to working volunteers only.
- Distribute water or Powerade to race participants. Water station locations for 2016 can be found here.
Water Station Concierge
- Assist the Water Station captains in picking up and returning supplies.