Temporary Road Restrictions Planned for Saturday, April 8 in Carmel, Indiana
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kim Jackson
Motorists encouraged to use alternate routes during Carmel Marathon Weekend
CARMEL, Ind. (March 22, 2023) – Organizers of the 13th annual Carmel Marathon Weekend would like to remind residents of Carmel, Indiana to prepare for temporary lane restrictions and brief street closures in parts of the city on Saturday, April 8, 2023. Short delays can be expected. Motorists are advised to plan alternate routes, allow for extra driving time, and take caution along the event route.
Motorists looking to avoid the marathon course are recommended to use 116th and 146th Streets for east/west routes, and Keystone Avenue and US-31 for north/south routes. With the exception of the first 2.5 miles of the marathon course, single lane closures will allow traffic to flow in the opposite direction or alongside runners, keeping delays to a minimum for motorists. The race course begins and finishes at 3rd Avenue and City Center Drive near Carmel’s Palladium at the Center for Performing Arts. All events begin at 8 a.m., with a maximum course time of 6.5 hours. The course and finish line will officially close at 2:30 p.m. All lanes of affected roads will open throughout the morning immediately following the last race participant.
Both lanes of City Center Drive, eastbound and westbound, will close just west of Veteran’s Way at 8 p.m. Friday, April 7 and remain closed until 4:30 p.m. Saturday, April 8 for the start/finish area of the race. Traffic will be able to access Carmel City Center on Saturday starting at 8:25 a.m. from northbound Rangeline Road to Veterans Way Boulevard via Gradle Drive or Monon Green Boulevard.
Temporary single-lane delays will occur on Saturday, April 8 as follows:
City Center Drive
· Between Rangeline Road and Third Avenue: 8 p.m. Friday until 2:30 p.m. Saturday
· Between Rangeline Road and Veterans Way: 8 p.m. Friday until 4:30 p.m. Saturday
· Between Veterans Way and Rangeline Road opens 2:30 p.m. Saturday
· Full closure from Main Street to City Center Drive: 7:50 – 8:15 a.m.
· Southbound from Main Street to Elm Street: 7:50 – 8:20 a.m.
· Southbound only from Elm Street to City Center Drive: 7:50 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
· Northbound from City Center Drive to Main Street: 7:50 – 8:15 a.m.
· Northbound from Executive Drive to Main Street: 7:50 – 8:20 a.m.
· Southbound from City Center Drive to 116th Street: 8:05 – 8:35 a.m.
· Full closure from 116th Street to 106th Street (at Westfield Boulevard): 8:05 – 8:44 a.m.
· Northbound from Smoky Row Road to Clay Terrace Boulevard: 8:10 – 8:45 a.m.
· Eastbound only from Westfield Boulevard to Gray Road: 8:15 – 8:50 a.m.
· Westbound only from Gray Road to Hazel Dell Parkway: 8:25 – 9:35 a.m.
· Delays at the Monon Greenway crossing: 9:35 a.m. – 12:25 p.m.
Hazel Dell Parkway
· Southbound curb lane ONLY closed from Dellfield Boulevard to 106th Street: 8:30 – 10:15 a.m.
· Center southbound lane and both northbound lanes remain open to traffic
· Eastbound from Bridgeton Lane to Hazel Dell Parkway: 8:45 – 10:20 a.m.
· Westbound from Dellfield Boulevard to Gladecrest Drive: 8:45 – 10:20 a.m.
· Northbound from Bridgeton Lane to Autumn Gate Way: 8:45 – 10:20 a.m.
Autumn Gate Way
· Northbound from Gladecrest Drive to 126th Street: 8:45 – 10:25 a.m.
· Westbound from Hazell Dell Parkway to Limberlost Drive: 8:45 – 10:30 a.m.
· Northbound from 126th Street to Harrison Drive: 8:50 – 10:40 a.m.
· Northbound from Limberlost Drive to Main Street: 8:50 – 10:45 a.m.
· Full closure from Rangeline Road to the Monon Greenway: 7:55 – 8:15 a.m.
· Delays at the Monon Greenway crossing: 8 a.m. – 2:20 p.m.
· Westbound from Harrison Drive to Hawthorne Drive: 8:50 – 10:55 a.m.
· Northbound from Main Street to Smokey Row Road: 8:50 – 11 a.m.
Smokey Row Road
· Westbound from Carmel High School stadium to Rangeline Road: 8 – 8:35 a.m.
· Delays at the Monon Greenway crossing: 8:05 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
· Westbound from Hawthorne Drive to Rosalind Place: 8:55 – 11:15 a.m.
Clay Terrace Boulevard
· Runners crossing at the 146th Street stop light: 8:10 – 8:50 a.m.
· From 146th Street to Thornberry Drive: 8:15 – 9:15 a.m.
· From John Street to Pearl Street: 8:15 – 9:20 a.m.
· Delays at the Monon Greenway crossing: 9:20 – 11:45 a.m.
· Westbound from Monon Greenway trailhead to College Avenue: 9:35 a.m. – 12:25 p.m.
N. College Avenue
· Southbound from Pennsylvania Parkway to 96th Street: 9:40 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
· Southbound curb lane only from N. College Avenue to 111th Street: 9:40 a.m. – 1:10 p.m.
· Delays at the Monon Greenway crossing: 9:30 – 11:55 a.m.
· Full closure from Pennsylvania Parkway to Illinois Street: 9:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
· Northbound curb lane from 111th Street to 136th Street/Oak Ridge Road: 9:45 a.m. – 1:55 p.m.
· Center northbound and both southbound lanes will remain open to traffic
Oak Ridge Road
· Northbound from 136th Street to Nevelle Lane: 10:05 a.m. – 2 p.m.
· Eastbound from Oak Ridge Road to Rohrer Road: 10:10 a.m. – 2:05 p.m.
· Northbound from Nevelle Lane to 146th Street: 10:10 a.m. – 2:10 p.m.
· One eastbound lane restricted under the Monon Greenway crossing: 10:15 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Additional information and course maps are available at CarmelMarathon.com.
- END -
About the Carmel Marathon Weekend:
The 13th annual Carmel Marathon Weekend on Saturday, April 8, 2023 will feature a full marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K, as well as a marathon relay. The Carmel Marathon Presented by Franciscan Health is the second largest marathon in Indiana and the largest running event in the city of Carmel. The event offers a fast course (certified Boston Qualifier) through the popular Indianapolis suburb of Carmel, Indiana. To learn more, please visit CarmelMarathon.com.
About CRRG Events:
CRRG Events is an event management and production company with more than 20 years of producing successful running events. Based in Carmel, Indiana, CRRG Events has staged and managed events across 11 states ranging from a 1-mile football halftime race to ultramarathons. For more information, please visit CarmelRoadRacingGroup.com.